Read for the Heart
History of Read for the Heart
- This is the inaugural year of Penguin's Read for the Heart™ program.
- Penguin is donating $25,000 to the American Heart Association.
Read for the Heart 2012
- 37,000 best-selling romances will ship with Read for the Heart seals and information about the American Heart Association.
- Over 600 floor displays will carry the Read for the Heart message.
- This year's Read for the Heart authors include spokesperson Wynonna Judd, Nora Roberts, Bertrice Small, Lynn Kurland, Mary Balogh, and Catherine Coulter.
- Information about AHA will be printed in the back of each book, letting the reader know where they can learn more about AHA and their efforts to fight heart disease and stroke.
- Penguin's donation of $25,000 allows the American Heart Association to fund a one-year pre-doctoral fellowship to help a medical student begin a career in heart or stroke research Ð the starting point for all life-saving scientific advances.
- Penguin's donation is not tied to sales of these books. The donation will be provided regardless of sales.
- We encourage you to ask your readers to become actively involved in supporting the organization Ð and to learn more about the best ways to take care of their health.
How to support the American Heart Association
- To make a tax-deductible donation online the American Heart Association, please visit heart.org.
- You may also call their toll free number, 1800-AHA-USA-1 during business hours.
About the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is devoted to saving people from heart disease and stroke Ð America's No. 1 and No. 3 killers. We team with millions of volunteers to fund innovative research, fight for stronger public health policies, and provide lifesaving tools and information to prevent and treat these diseases. The Dallas-based association is the nation's oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. To learn more or to get involved, call 1-800-AHA-USA1, visit heart.org or call any of our offices around the country.
About Penguin Group (USA)
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children's trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam's Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.